Subject: Character Animation Tutorials in Lightspeed
From: [email-masked] (Timothy Albee)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 12:31:13 -0800

>Actually Ive been talking to some associates of mine about doing a series
>of of tapes
>on creating a character on paper, spline patching it in Lightwave and
>using bones to animate it....
<snip>
>Larry Shultz

Sounds interesting.  I'm working on the second in a series of tutorials for
Lightspeed focusing on how to apply traditional 2D animation techniques to
3D animations to get them to have the same kind of life that we have all
come to know and love in our favorite feature-length animated films.
Sounds like something that could be released in conjunction with each
other.  There is so much to learning animation (4 years @ Sheridan or Cal
Arts) that trying to show all the nitty-gritty ins and outs of model
construction for a project would take all the time for the tutorial and
you'd have nothing left for studying the forms in motion.

Hmmm...

Well, keep your eyes peeled in future issues of Lightspeed for tutorials
that will get your characters bee-boppin' thinkin' and feelin' (and getting
hit with mallettes and other large, heavy cartoon conventions)

Timothy

--      /-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\
        Timothy Albee            |           Media Station Inc.
        [email-masked]    |  Traditional and 3d animator
        \-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/-\-/